Saturday 19 May 2007

Day 6


It was the loveliest feeling waking up this morning and not feeling fuzzy headed. I went to pick Elise up at about 8am as Jill rang me and said she wasn't feeling too well again. Bless her heart I got her in the car and she started feeling sick, I shoved a carrier under her nose, stupidly not realising that it had holes in. So that was nice all over the car and her.
My cousin Claire came round this morning to see us as she is going on her holidays tomorrow, it was really nice talking to someone who understands how I'm feeling. We had a good old chat about the diet and how it made us feel.
After this because Elise was feeling better we went to Morpeth to try and get Elise a puppy in your pocket house, which I have to say she has saved her own pocket money up for. Unfortunately though it was out of stock so we have ordered it and it should come on Thursday. We then went and got some dvds to watch tonight. We all got to choose one, well Dave chose two, he got De Ja Vu and The Pursuit of Happiness, I chose The Holiday and Elise got Hoodwinked. We then went to T & G Allens and bought a 1000 piece jigsaw. I know it sounds sad but I thought if I kept busy it would help, by this time Elise was starting to get sick of shops so we went to Costa for a coffee (mine was black of course).
My dad works for Jarvis / Network Rail (can never remember which) so he rang us last night to tell us that there was a steam engine coming into Morpeth station today at 3.27 (precisely) and asked if Elise and Liam would like to go and have a look so we met them there at 3.15 promt. We actually quite enjoyed it I have never seen a steam train before so I can say now I have. Mind there was an interesting bunch of people there. Serious trainspotters. People getting very protective about there places on the platform.
When we got home Dave decided to go to the gym so I have decided to make his tea, I feel a bit guilty as I haven't cooked for him at all since starting the diet. I made spaghetti bolognese for him which didn't bother me but it is amazing how many times I went to pick things up to eat. It just shows how many times you eat without realising it. I made mashed potato and gravy for Elise which is the first thing she has eaten in two days, she asked if every time she is poorly could she have mash and gravy. I can see it turning into the poorly food, like mine was tomato soup when I was little.
Dave is in now and has eaten his tea so I am going to go and have a nice bath. I have bought some candles and nice bubble bath as a treat, then we will watch our dvds.
Don't know if I have mentioned in my previous blogs but me and Dave are going on a walk tomorrow, well I would call it more of a hike. We are doing the Biddlestone Parish Round. which is near Coquetdale. We will be walking up Clennell and Silverton Hill, only picked this one as I thought it had some relevance (maiden name). I have a print off with directions and points of interest. It is 7.5 miles and should take about 4 hours. So we will be up early and drop Elise off at marmas (grandmas) and off we go. So wish me luck and I will let you know how we get on. I am sure Dave will be fine but not sure about me. Oh by the way I have attached a short clip of the steam engine for fellow steam engine virgins to have a look at.

M X