Thursday 17 May 2007

Day 4

Well I will start by letting you know the crisps were a complete disaster. I tried them on greaseproof paper first and they completely stuck. I then tried on a plate and they burned. I then tried them on another plate and they were mushy. So I ended up trying to scrape up what I could salvage and have that for tea. It was hilarious. Dave just kept shaking his head at me, I think I was a little bit delirious by this time, but I won't give up and will try them another day.
Today has been fine had chocolate and mint shake for breakfast which was nice, then off to work again. Work was fine and didn't get too many comments today. I had a tomato soup for dinner which I had at about 3 o clock. I am in from work now and have had to have my other soup because I feel a bit funny. It was cheese and broccoli, it was pretty horrible to be honest and was the most disgusting green colour.
Elise is really poorly tonight and I am a bit annoyed because she wasn't feeling too good this morning so when Dave dropped her off at school he told the teacher that if she got any worse to just give me a ring at work. When Dave picked her up today she came out of school crying which is so not like her. She had a blazing temperature and looked terrible. So, I am not too happy with the school because apparently she told her teacher she was feeling bad and they didn't bother to ring me and just left her to get on with it for the rest of the day.
I am going to see the consultant tomorrow about my PCOS at 11.30 and then going for my first weight in after that. I have decided to take tomorrow off work with Elise being poorly there is no one to look after her so unfortunately I have had to put a days holiday in. She is asleep on the settee at the moment with bright red rosy cheeks bless her. Also tomorrow night we are going over to our friends house (Jill and Marc) as it was Jills 30th last week, Cerrie and Mickey are going as well and we are taking the kids, a typical night like this would involve alcohol therefore I think tomorrow is going to be my first real challenge what with being off work and going out and not drinking tomorrow night. Luckily though as I said I get weighed tomorrow so at least if I have lost weight that will give me the incentive not to drink. Not taxis to pay for anyway.
Going to go and cuddle up with Elise on the settee now, I think I need to keep reminding myself that I am not actually poorly I am only on a diet and stop feeling sorry for myself.

2 comments:

Florence said...

Hi Michelle
Great blog. First week is always the worst. Now you can go steaming ahead keep thinking of your holidays.
Best of luck.
Love Mam xxx

Claire said...

Hello Meechel,

Read your blog twice over in case I missed anything. Sorry to hear Elise is poorly, I hope she soon feels better. That is so not like her to be crying!! I think we should go up to the school in force and give the teacher a kick!!! Anyway sorry I haven't checked in before now, been away working all week.

Sound like you have completely got to grips with the plan straight away. You're right it is only a diet however you are allowed to feel sorry for yourself because it's a massive behavioral shift as well as requiring a completely different mind set! You're doing great and an interesting fact for you.... over 35% of people carrying out VLCD fail in their first seven days so three days to go and that's your second hurdle jumped!! Well done. I hope to see later that you had a good night last night which I'm sure you will have. If you got over that hurdle you can get over anything! Keep up the good work and remember for the first ten days one pack at a time!! If diets were easy we would all be 8 stone....which we're not!!
Loving the blog.

Lots of love

Claire xx