Saturday 19 May 2007

Day 5

Well as I said I took today off, I went off to the see my consultant who examined me and took some bloods. It was pretty straight forward and she is sending me for a scan to have a closer look at my ovaries (nice) then I have to go back in a month. Dave came with me as they advised on the letter both partners should attend the appointment. He was a bit dubious but I played it down and said they would just be asking him some questions. So once I had been seen to she started questioning Dave which was fine until she informed him that she would have to exam him. His face was hilarious. Anyway he got the all clear I think he said her words were 'perfect". Hmmmm. So as far as that is concerned I will just have to wait for the results of the scan at my next appointment.
After the hospital I went for my appointment with my CD counsellor. I was running late so I was a little harassed when I got there. So I jumped on the scales and she took my weight. It is shown in kg's so I didn't know how I had done. I sat down and she said to me well it's not a huge loss but you have lost 2lbs. I have to admit I was gutted. She asked me if I had been sticking to the plan and I explained that I had stuck to it to the letter. She then asked me to go and pee on a stick to see if I was in ketosis, so off I went and came back with the stick and it turned bright pink which shows I am burning fat. I was pleased because I don't think she believed me when I told her I hadn't put a foot wrong. We then discussed the diet I had been on before starting the plan and the fact that I have lost about a stone before joining. She seems to think this is the reason for the small weight loss and the fact that I have only been on the plan for 4 days and not a week. So, I came out feeling a bit better and she assured me the weight will come off eventually. I think apart from my bad moments the fact that I feel so much better generally makes it a bit better and I can definitely feel a difference.
The rest of the afternoon I spent cleaning and when I picked Dave up from work at 3pm I have to admit I felt fantastic. We went shopping and I bought a new top and Elise some new clothes. When we got home I decided to have my lunch time soup which was about 4.30. My thinking was if I kept my last one until later when we were at our friends house I would be able to have that whilst everyone was tucking into pizza, garlic bread and crisps and dips etc.
Elise is still poorly so we weren't sure whether or not we were going to get to Marc and Jills but she seemed to pull herself round a bit so off we went. Dave took a bottle of wine and I went to Asda and bought some soda and water and lime cordial as apparently that is the best thing to drink other than water. I am actually surprised how much not having a drink didn't bother me and it wasn't half as bad as I thought it would be. We ended up staying until just after 1 as Elise stayed there with Liam and Cameron and was snoring her head off. I was tired by this time though. It is really funny watching people when they are drunk and I am sober which doesn't happen very oftern because I am normally joining in. I did have a lime and soda but it wasn't very nice so I threw half of it away and poured another glass of water. It was a very bizarre feeling getting in the car at that time of night being the only sober one.
So I would say that is my first hurdle over with. Bring on the next one. Lol.

M X