Tuesday 15 May 2007

Day 2

Well once again I started my day on quite a high. I am not a morning person to say the least but I felt a lot better this morning, however I have always struggled with breakfast in the morning therefore the thought of a shake doesn't thrill me but I have been having it before I leave the house. I had a Fruits of the Forest this morning which was OK, I keep asking Dave to try them and so far he has said they are all nice, don't know if he would say that if that was all he could eat like. I have tried to drink more water today also which I don't find a problem apart from I am away from my desk quite a lot. My day has gone by quite uneventfully, I had Oriental Chilli soup for dinner which tasted a bit like thai chilli super noodles which was nice. I did feel a bit spaced out this afternoon, I can't quite explain it and some times I think is it just me looking for problems but I didn't feel quite all there.
When I got in from work I tried to keep busy as I go to college on a Tuesday night at 6.30pm so I had intended to not have my last soup until I got back, but after cleaning for a while and seeing to Elise who I have to say isn't feeling too good tonight (got a bit of a temperature and wanted her quilt on the settee) I felt a bit sick and my hands were shaking so I decided to have my soup before I went. I had vegetable which was ok I suppose, I have discovered that they all have the same underlying taste no matter what flavour they are and they all have a sort of powdery texture no matter how much you whisk them. I suppose I can't expect them to be fantastic but I just keep thinking god this is only day 2, how am I going to feel about them after 6 weeks. I think I just need to look at them as a necessity to live and stop thinking that I am suddenly going to love them.
Any way off I went to college feeling much better after my last soup, Dave dropped me off tonight so him and Elise could go shopping to ASDA, I did say that I didn't mind going with him but I'm sure they prefer to go without me so they can just buy random rubbish, for example they have come back with twister lollies, pizza fingers, Fries to Go, Kellogs variety pack cereal, and various other random items for Elise oh and some WD 40 for Dave hmmmm??. I am really lucky really because as I have mentioned Dave eats really healthy anyway and he does often cook for himself.
College was really boring tonight, I haven't got long left on my course, hopefully it should finish in June so we are just tying things up but our tutor does tend to go on a bit, also it was flipping freezing in the room we were in so we moaned most of the night until he finally went and got us a heater. So, I am in now and still have another 2 litres of water to drink before I go to bed, think we are going to watch RAY the film which I have seen the beginning of but fell asleep. I know I am definitely not up for watching the F Word and looking at all that lovely food which Dave is watching at the moment. Elise is fast asleep so hopefully she will have a good nights sleep and feel better in the morning.
My cousin Claire spoke to me the other day before I started the diet and she told me to try and take one shake/soup at a time and not even try with one day at a time and I think that is exactly what I have to do. I think I am trying to look ahead too much and picturing myself still on the diet in months to come.
Thanks Cerrie and Aunty Pat for your comments, it is definitely helping me writing this blog and it is nice to think people are interested.

M X

1 comment:

popsophie said...

Hi Michelle Keep going - you know you can do it. Sheila