Monday 14 May 2007

Day 1

Well I started off my day on a very positive note today. I got up and had my first pack which was a cappuccino shake drink, I used my blender to mix this which made it all frothy. I decided to have it hot so it would be a bit like a coffee. It was ok I guess, could have been a lot worse. I then went off to work armed with my litre and a half bottle of water. Everyone at work is aware that I am doing the diet and they have all been really supportive apart from the little jibes about the alcohol ban, which is quite amusing. I normally stay at work for my dinner but because Dave was at home today I decided to come home. I had a spicy tomato soup pack and again I used the blender, however I did find it went a bit too frothy and it had gone a bit cold so it was a bit like having a luke warm tomato shake. Hmmm, not the nicest experience in the world, but I just thought get it down your neck and your stomach might stop rumbling. So the tomato soup wasn't the best.
I then went back off to work with another bottle of water. I was fine for the rest of the afternoon and can honestly say I wasn't hungry until I got home and my headache has started and unfortunately won't go away. I have now drank 4 and a half litres of water as my counsellor has said that whatever side affect I may get whether it be, nausea, headache, dizziness, the shakes, stomach cramps, oh and hair loss, great, can all be cured by drinking water (don't know what the water is going to do for the hair loss, unless it is a bit like cress?). I am still waiting for the headache to go.
Anyway when I got in I decided to have a bath so that I didn't have my soup straight away and be hungry later, I then filled in my application form which I have been meaning to do all week which stopped me thinking about food for a while. I then sat down with Dave and had a chicken and mushroom soup which I just whisked and made with boiling water and was actually suprisingly nice, don't know whether this was because I was just so hungry or it genuinely was nice.
Dave is following his usual healthy diet so he just had chicken and veg which I managed not to swipe off him. He has had to cook his chicken himself tonight so I think I have checked it about four times to make sure it is cooked as he is so paranoid about getting poorly from uncooked chicken. I also made Elise's tea which didn't bother me as it consisted of dry spaghetti. She is still absolutely intrigued that mam is just living on soup things which she thinks is disgusting. She came in to my bedroom this morning and said "come on mam, todays the day" bless her she even tried to give me all of her after eights the other night as she said I wouldn't be able to ever eat again after Sunday.
So, I suppose that is my first day just about over with, I am now going to watch a bit of telly then off to bed. I normally go to bed at about 10 on school nights but I may be going a little earlier for now, at least if I am asleep I can't think about shakes, soup and my headache. Still feeling positive though and ready for day 2.

M X

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Michelle,

Just thought I'd leave a little note for you to say good luck on your new venture.

Just think of your hols and that will spur you on and try to pretend that the water is vodka(you never know it might work)

Anyway, I wish you every success. I know you can do it.

Will look forward to reading your blogs.

Lots of love, Aunty Pat xxx